Fire pits are an awesome addition to any backyard, but there are different types of fire pits to choose from. These fire pits are all equally great for their own reasons, but your choice of fire pit really comes down to preference and the look you are trying to create for your backyard.
Wood burning fire pits are most popular type of outdoor Fire Pits.
- Fuel Type: Woods- Hardwoods are the best fire wood if you need a lot of heat and you want your fire to burn long. Oak is one of the most frequently seen hardwood available. Other examples of very hard woods are rock elm and some types of ash. Check out our full post on firewood types for more information.
- Shape: Generally round - there are a few square ones, but most manufactures don't make many square screens- so in our opinion round is the way to go/
- Sizes available: Comes in sizes from 26" to 40"
- If you want a custom sized fire pit please call us at (844) 584-3473
- Great for outdoor cookouts, hanging out with family and friends.
- Bonus: Wood burning fire pits also help ward off bugs!
Natural Gas Fire Pits or Propane Fire Pits are the second most popular.
- This is the fastest growing segment in the industry.
- Many have bar or dining tables built around and offer a great place to sit and eat with families (check out these natural gas fire pit tables).
- Easier to light and close down for the evening faster than wood burning pits.
- American Fire Glass is our brand of choice for their beauty and for quality of craftsmanship.
Artisan fire pit or artistic fire pits, often burn wood, but we feel they deserve a category all to themselves.
- Artisan Fire Pits are hand-crafted with thick steel for home outdoor decor and commercial art. These artistic fire pit pieces look good with or without fire and are built to last for decades.
- Made In America- Since they are made to order generally takes a few weeks to receive- BUT worth the wait!
- The artist is willing to work with individual pit owners to give them a truly unique custom fire pit.
- No two are alike - yours will be unique and tailored to your needs
Fire Pit Grills are perfect for tailgating at your local stadium or in your own backyard!
- Portable and easily converted from a Fire Pit into a grill.
- Perfect Fire Pit for grilling hot dogs and hamburgers when tailgating before the big game.
- Can customize for your favorite team- see our collection of College Team Fire Pits. If you want one that we aren't showing, call us!
Thank you for taking the time to learn about the different outdoor fire pits. We hope this is helpful - and if you have any questions about what fire pit is right for you, give us a ring at (844) 584-3473 or contact us!