As our pop’s special day is nearing, we can’t help but think about how we can come up with a simple, yet meaningful way to celebrate their presence. More often than not, our big guys love the outdoors and enjoy some backyard frenzy. With this in mind, an great way to celebrate their special day is to heat up your fire pit grill and have a Father’s Day Cookout! We’ve gathered some ideas on how you can ace this celebration. Below are a couple of Father’s Day meal ideas.
RANCH CORN ON THE COB
To start off your Father’s Day Cookout, prepare this as an appetizer. Not only is it quick and easy to make, but it is also budget-friendly.
RANCH CORN THE COB INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick softened butter
- 1 pack of ranch seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ears corn
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar
- 6 slices of finely crumbled cooked bacon
- Freshly chopped chives
- Ranch dressing for drizzling
RANCH CORN ON THE COB RECIPE
- Heat the grill to medium high.
- In a small bowl, stir together the softened butter and ranch seasoning, and season it with pepper. Then, rub the ranch butter on the corn.
- Grill the corn cobs until lightly charred for about 10 minutes.
- Top it with cheddar and cover the grill to melt for about 2 minutes.
- Top it with cooked bacon and chives and drizzle with ranch.
HONEY SOY PORK CHOPS
As a main course, our heavy meat eaters will definitely enjoy this unusual twist on grilled pork chops - definitely the highlight of your Father’s Day Cookout!
HONEY SOY PORK CHOPS INGREDIENTS
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Red pepper flakes
- 4 pork chops
HONEY SOY PORK CHOPS RECIPE
- Mix together the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl.
- Add the pork chops then cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Heat the grill over medium high heat and cook until seared and cooked through for about 8 minutes per side.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
To go with your sumptuous pork chops, a side of carbs isn’t too bad. A serving of this will go well with a nice juicy slab of pork!
CHEESY POTATOES INGREDIENTS
- 2 lbs of mini yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup of freshly grated Parmesan
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnishing
- Crushed red pepper flakes for garnishing
CHEESY POTATOES RECIPE
- Preheat the grill to medium-high, or preheat the oven to 425º.
- Cut 4 large pieces of foil about 10” long. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with olive oil, garlic powder, and oregano, and season this with salt and pepper.
- Divide the potatoes between foil pieces, then fold the foil packets crosswise to completely cover the potatoes. Roll the top and bottom edges to seal them.
- Place the foil packets on the grill and cook until just cooked through for about 10 to 15 minutes or transfer it to an oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan on top of the potatoes and reseal the foil packet.
- Cook until the cheese is melted for about 5 minutes.
- Top it with parsley and red pepper flakes and serve warm.
GRILLED PINEAPPLE SUNDAES
To give you the perfect ending to your Father’s Day meal, a cold dessert is best as your Father’s Day Cookout is spent outdoors. A serving of ice cream with a twist will do the trick!
GRILLED PINEAPPLE SUNDAES INGREDIENTS
- 4 pineapple slices
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Dulce de leche for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons of sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
GRILLED PINEAPPLE SUNDAES RECIPE
- Heat the grill to high. Grill the pineapple until charred for about 1 minute per side.
- Top each pineapple slice with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with dulce de leche or caramel.
- Top with shredded coconut and serve immediately.
Surely, these Father’s Day Cookout Recipes will not disappoint! Our dads deserve this one of a kind backyard dining experience. We hope your Father’s Day Cookout is a success and we wish all dads out there a great Father’s Day!