Memorial Day Cookout Ideas
What’s a more perfect way of honoring those who have served and taking advantage of the warm weather than hosting a Memorial Day cookout in your own backyard?
Here at Fire Pit Plaza, we love the opportunity to use our fire pit grills, especially when there’s a theme or a reason behind it, not to mention having the chance to spend quality time with friends and family!
We’ve put together some fun and tasty Memorial Day cookout ideas for you that will help you plan the ultimate Memorial Day cookout.
Memorial Day Recipes & Food Ideas
The warm weather has finally settled in so a Memorial Day cookout allows for some refreshing foods, drinks and recipes.
Strawberry Kiwi Fresh Cut Salad
For a refreshing Memorial Day snack and appetizer, consider cutting up some fresh fruits that are in season. Strawberries are always a warm weather favorite and can be the perfect Memorial Day cookout snack! Try cutting up some fresh strawberries and kiwis to make refreshing Strawberry Kiwi salad!
Memorial Day Cookout Drinks
For a non-alcoholic drink for a Memorial Day cookout, consider a fresh squeezed lemonade. To add an extra touch, you can make a Basil Lemonade by throwing in some fresh cut basil in the mix.
Refreshing Cookout Sangria
A crisp, cold glass of fruity and tasty Sangria can be the perfect Memorial Day cookout drink for adults!
Throw your favorite red or white wine in a pitcher, mix in some fresh fruits and a dash of sugar and you’ve got the perfect hot weather, Memorial Day cookout cocktail!
Pineapple Pork Kabobs
For Memorial Day grilling and cookout food, try out some delicious Pineapple Pork Kabobs. Pineapple Pork Kabobs are easy to prep, grill and your guests are sure to enjoy them.
You can cut up some pork tenderloins, zucchini, onions, red peppers and gather some pineapple chunks to create some kabobs for your Memorial Day cookout.
The night before, take a plastic storage bag and place all of your ingredients. You can add some flavor to this by adding the following:
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Minced Garlic
The day of your Memorial Day cookout, you can use your seasoned and marinated ingredients to create your Pineapple Pork Kabobs and cook them up on your fire pit grill.
Memorial Day Desserts - Banana Split Kabobs
A sweet spin on cookout favorite - you can create these Memorial Day dessert with a few simple ingredients.
To make these Banana Split Kabobs dessert, prepare the following ingredients:
- 2 bananas, cut up into 1” pieces
- 12 large strawberries, cut into halves, rinse and dry
- 24 1” pieces of pineapple
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- ½ cup of chopped peanuts
To prepare this Memorial Day dessert kabob, follow these steps:
- Thread 1 pineapple piece, 1 banana piece, 1 strawberry half and repeat this pattern until forming a full dessert kabob. Repeat this process for each kabob.
- Take chocolate chips and microwave to melt the chocolate.
- Drizzle the kabobs with the melted chocolate.
- Top with chopped peanuts.
- Freeze until dessert kabobs are ready to be served.
Memorial Day Decorations
You can create an array of easy, DIY Memorial Day decoration for your Memorial Day cookout using simple, affordable items.
Mason Jar Memorial Day Flower Vase
Using a mason jar as your flower vase, place water and red and white flowers inside. Place a small American flag in the center.
These mason jar Memorial Day vases can be placed on tables as centerpieces at your cookout.
DIY Mini American Flag Garland
To create a DIY Memorial Day garland to decorate your backyard, all you need are the following supplies:
- 10-20 Mini American Flags
- Ribbon Scraps (Red, Blue or White)
- Hot Glue
To create this American flag garland, do the following:
- Remove flags from their sticks.
- If needed, iron the flags.
- Place the rope on a table.
- Place the flags and space them out on the rope.
- Hot glue the flags onto the rope.
- Use the ribbon scraps to create one or two bows in between each flag.
- Hang your mini American flag garland around your backyard.
We hope you and your family enjoy your Memorial Day cookout!
From all of us at Fire Pit Plaza, we will be thinking and honoring your loved ones who served in our armed forces.